Question
Posted by: ANON | 2012-11-12

WEIGHT

In reference to your reply below: my height is 1.65m and I know my bmi is okay, but I am uncomfortable. The current exercise i do is treadmill usually rn/walk 30 minutes and then cycle 10 minutes. Thank you for your reply. I will after a month go to the Doctor and check those things.

Hi, I seem to be stuck at this weight of 65. I am 44 going through menopause. Cannot seem to lose. I stopped having a drink in the week, I am going to gym at least twice sometimes three times per week. I eat well. I have fruit and yoghurt in the morning. Salad (tomato/lettuce/cucumber/onion) with either fish/meat for lunch and the same for supper. I do not eat any bread/pies/cakes etc. Do not have a sweet tooth. Weekends i will have a drink or two and maybe a potato or rice with my meal. I am getting despondent.

EXPERT''S REPLY
Subject:
Dear Anon
Because you don''t mention you height in meters, I can''t calculate your BMI to see if you are overweight or not, and if you are, to what extent. However, you should be losing weight if you eat the type of diet you describe. I would recommend that you try increasing your exercise to 30 minutes a day or 60 minutes every second day concentrating on aerobic exercises such as spinning, cycling, jogging, skipping or brisk walking. If you still don''t lose weight after another month then it may be a good idea to have a medical checkup and ask the dr to test your thyroid and insulin levels.
I do hope you will start losing that weight now.

Dear Anon
Thank you for providing your height in meters. Your BMI = 23,9, which is nicely within the normal range. For an ideal BMI of 22 you would need to weigh 60 kg, thus an additional loss of 5 kg. As mentioned, you can possibly up your exercise and if that does not help, do for that checkup.