Question
Posted by: Embarrased | 2012-03-06

Weight

Yesterday I went to see a dietician for the first time and the reason I went is because I''ve put myself on strict eating plan and excersising 3 to 4 times a week and the weight was coming off slowly. When I started I was weighing 99kg and now my weight is at 94 and Im 1.68 in height. I was heart broken when I left the doctors rooms cause she told me Im no longer overweight Im obese. Im so determined to loose all this weight that Im starting a detox plan tomorow for 14 days and then after that we going to discuss an eating plan.

Dear Embarrased
Please do not despair. It is good that you realise that you need to do something about losing weight and work towards your goal with purpose. However, it is wrong to be plunged into a depression and I would recommend that you rather consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), before you harm your health with all kinds of dangerous detox programmes. What you need is a balanced manageable slimming diet and the exercise you are already doing so that you lose weight gradually and sensibly. Detox diets have been condemned the world over by nutrition experts and should not be used. Please see a dietitian to help you with your slimming and do keep up the good work with your exercise.
No despair, just courage and conviction

3
Posted by: Hey | 2012-03-08

Hey Michelle. Try to post again on your own new post so that doc can see it and respond. I believe he doesn''t see responses that come after his own response. Just post it again and see.

Reply to Hey
Posted by: Michelle | 2012-03-08

I am 39 years of age ..5ft2inches and weigh 12st 7 lbs i suffer from high blod pressre now and im waiting to go on meds if it still remiains high ... i really need to lose weight ... ive been utting down alot and ive been eating weigh watchers for my main meals crumpits for breakfast and egg sandwish for lunch .. i dint smoke and drink socially ..... the thing is its reall my belly ..i look 8 months pregnant .... all the time ..i want to join the gym but people have said that i need to loose the weight first and than tone up or what i have now will just turn to mussel and i will most probley look bigger than i am now ...... Please help with advise ... on excercise ? diet etc ..i eat lots of veg too ????? many thanks ..

Reply to Michelle
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-03-06

Dear Embarrased
No despair, just courage and conviction