Question
Posted by: aneesa | 2011-08-25

weight

hi. I cant seem to lose weight. I exercise and eat healthy, although i do have a sweet tooth. I also take chronic medication for rheumatiod arthritis. Methotrexate, coxflam, napacod, folic acid. please advise

Dear Aneesa
I am sorry to hear that you have rheumatoid arthritis, which can be a very tricky illness to cope with. Because of this and the many medications you are forced to take, I would recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). All rheumatoid arthritis patients should actually be under the care of a registered dietitian because your nutrient needs vary depending on the phase you are in. For example, during flare-ups you may need a different dietary intake than when you are in the remission phases. Please see a dietitian, so that she/he can assess what you are eating a present and advise on how you can reduce your energy intake so that you can lose weight. The dietitian will also take your medications into account when she works out your individual diet prescription.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-08-25

Dear Aneesa