Posted by: Dawie | 2011-05-23

Hi there I just want to know if im on a fitness programme to get lost of my 1 pack (tummy) is it wise to drink boiled water with lemon juice in the mornings and is it wise to keep smoking.. With the smoking around will the tummy go, im pretty disciplined by strickly follow my fitness programme. Thank you.

Hi Dawie

That won't make any different, don't worry about it. I'm not sure what the theory is behind it, but it will not help or affect weight loss in any way.

Re the smoking, of course if you can stop smoking then it is better for you - there's no question that smoking doesn't help. However, it might be too much to do all these things at once, and so my advice is to aim to phase it out, but don't force it just yet. Rather keep going with the exercise and achieve that result. If you can cut back, then by all means, go for it!