Question
Posted by: Shaun van wyk | 2011/03/21

weight

I, am training hard for 400m/h, I am 19jrs old. Suddenly I cant run my time Im suppose to run, Im constantly tied and gain alot of weight. What can I use for supplements, dont use anything at all.

HI Shaun

I suspect that you're either overtrained or under-nourished, in which case supplements won't help. If it's a training thing, you need to look very hard at the training and make some changes. Usually, failure to perform is the first sign of training TOO HARD, not too little, but of course, it's so easy to think you need to train harder, and that is why you'll push and make it even worse!

But if your times are dropping, if you're tired all the time, then you are most likely training too hard. Or not resting enough between training. That's 80% of the problem, in all likelihood.

As for diet, you probably need to see a dietician if you're serious about the sport (which it sounds like you may be). You can't beat a good diet and supplements are not really the solution. If your diet is good, you'll do fine without them, so rather invest the money once on a good dietician, than every month on supplements that might not work anyway.

Ross

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011/03/31

HI Shaun

Ross

Reply to fitnessdoc