Question
Posted by: KAYLA | 2010/08/17

WEIGHT

hi there, im 23 years old my height is 16.1m and i weight 61kgs its sometimes 62kgs.

i reasonable well, i dont have any sugar in my diet or sweets cakes my only down fall is bread and i try alway choose the healthier option like brown ect.. i need to lose about 6 kgs but im so deprived already what could i do more? ( taking in t consideration i dont eat fried chips or drink cold drinks no sweets no chocolate no nice things pretty much just to stay normal ) its really getting me down as this is the heavest iv been i picked up the weight by eating like a pig but iv stopped that since i was 20 and no change. im constantly thinking about my weight and getting up set i feel like just giving up to be honest. your advise would be wonderful

thank you.

Dear Kayla
Seeing that your present BMI = 23,6 which is just above the ideal of 22 (for which you would need to weigh 57 kg, thus only 4 kg less), there is really no reason to try and deprive yourself even further. If you are determined to lose those 4 kg to achieve an ideal BMI of 22, then I would recommend that you try stimulating your metabolism by doing daily exercise for 30 min. Go for brisk walks, skip or jog, or cycle, as long as you are physically active for 30 or more minutes a day. This should firm you up nicely and also cause weightloss over time. Stop obsessing about your weight because this can lead to eating disorders and that is not a road you want to travel.

1

Dear Kayla