Question
Posted by: Marc | 2010/07/19

weight

doc
i am 60 years old,74 kg, 1.78 tall and just coming off Comrades blues. I would like to get rid of fat and tone up, without losing weight. Please advise

Marc

Hi Marc

My advice, given that you're a Comrades runner, is to find a target at 21km and prepare really well for it. Maybe a race in October. You need a goal, for one thing, and also a more challenging target than what one would normally recommend for someone with the same goal.

Now it's tricky to drop down in distance, there are numerous challenges - the main risk is injury. But if you can get a programme, I think you'll be able to handle it. There are many programmes, my advice is to go through Runners World, since they cater for runners. Or Old Mutual World of Endurance, where the programmes are quite good. I think this is your best bet.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/07/27

Hi Marc

Reply to fitnessdoc