Question
Posted by: Anita | 2010/03/30

WEIGHT

Im a 48 year old women unmarried no children I weigh 70.7 having lost almost 10 kilo''s to date.However I seem to be struggling to loose more.My goal weight is 65kg''s-WHICH I MIGHT ADD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN TILL ABOUT A YEAR AND A BIT AGO.
Further more I have always had an irritable bowl movement,im so frustrated and need advise.Does drinking 8 glasses of water really help,i eat a fare amount of fibre.

Dear Anita
Congratulations on losing those 10 kgs. It often happens that weightloss slows down, but if you stick to your slimming diet and also do some regular exercise like going for a brisk walk every day, then you should start losing again. Drinking 8 glasses of water a day in addition to all the other liquids you may ingest (tea, coffee, cold drinks, fruit juice, etc, etc) may not be a good idea if this increases your liquid intake to more than 2.5 litres a day in total. Excessive water or liquid intake will wash important minerals like potassium and sodium out of your body, so stick to 2,5 litre of liquid a day. If you suffer from IBS then please read the reply I gave the previous Reader. You may find that consulting a clinical dietitian will help for the IBS and weightloss.

1

Dear Anita