Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2010-03-26

weight

Good day! I would like to know how I can lose weight... I have been on the pill, Nordette, for 3 months, but I changed it to Yasmine as i was feeling bloated and as my mom''s gynaecologist advised me that I will lose the weight i gained while on Nordette. I also gym alot. But since last year I have gained at least 3kgs and would really like to shed at least 2 or so as imy pants are tightening up ) I am 22 years old, and 1.62 m, small frame. Thank u so much!

Dear Michelle
Using female hormones can cause weight gain or weightloss depending on the individual reaction of the patient. You can try eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet)in combination with your exercise. If you are 1.62 m tall you should weigh 57 kg to have an ideal BMI of 22.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-03-26

Dear Michelle