Question
Posted by: Mia | 2010/03/07

Weight

My daughter is 14 years old she weighs 60 and she thinks she''s fat what should i do? Do you think that''s too high for her age?-

Expert ImageTeen expert

Please post your question to our DietDoc here at Health24.

4
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/03/16

Reply to Teen expert
Posted by: cc | 2010/03/11

How tall is she? IS she fit or unfit? Does she look overweight.
Best bet: take her to a dietician who can determine if she''s the coorect weight for her height &  age &  discuss a healthy diet with her. Often if teens think they''re overweight, they respoirt to bad eating habits or worse, eating disorders. Show your daughter you take her fears and insecurities seriously without agreeing with her.

Also: what is YOUR relationship with your food/weight? Kids/teens reflect what they see in the home so make sure you never talk bad about your own weight.

Reply to cc
Posted by: G-Dad | 2010/03/08

My daughter weight 59 and she is 13, she is not over weight but have a big bone structure, you can not go by weight alone, you need to calculate weight and length to determine if a person is overweight, I suggest to search for BMI (body mass index) on the web, I am sure it will put your mind at ease.

Reply to G-Dad
Posted by: 01 | 2010/03/08

hi there
wen i was 14 i wieghed 60kgs aswell and sometimes up to 65 and now that im 21 i weigh 50 so it was like puppy fat that i lost, i dont gym or anything it was just a natural weight loss

Reply to 01