Posted by: Zee | 2009-01-29

I can' t see to bring myself to do exercises. I try but after 2-3 days i lose interest but i desperately want to lose weight. My current weight is 71 at 1.5m.
I try to eat less but it doesnt work. Please advice!!!

Dear Zee
Your present BMI = 31.6 which is very high. To get back into the normal range with a BMI of 25 you would need to weigh 56 kg, which means a loss of 25 kg. This is a lot of weight to lose, so I would recommend that you try to an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise for 30 min a day - for example try going for walks every day. As you get fitter and start losing weight you can increase by walking further and faster. The exercise is vital, so try and find some form of exercise that you can do like the walking.