Question
Posted by: Paam | 2008/10/24

Weight

I am 43yrs old female, had a gall stone operation 5 yrs ago. The problem is since the operation I have developed a big belly and most of the times in the morning after breakfast, I suffer from running stomach. I m not taking any supplement or medication I try to eat low fat food. How can I loose the weight around my belly, I ' m not on any diet. Please help me.

Dear Paam
I think it is important that you have a medical checkup because it is a long time since your gallbladder op and this constant runny tummy could be due to another condition like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Your stomach could be distended because of the IBS. Once we have a diagnosis we can see what changes to make to your diet and if you can add exercises like situps to your daily routine. But first have the checkup.