advertisement
Question
Posted by: Dissapointed | 2008/07/30

weight

hi

i have been taking this supplement and going to the gym for about 3 weeks but when i weighed myself to my surprise there has not been a change in my weight i dont know if i am using the right equipment when i go to the gym i mainly concentrate on the weight for legs and for your abs i tried cutting down on my diet but i find myself eating but i must say i dont eat a whole lot of food the whole day can u please assist by telling me what machines to use at the gym to loose weight and how do i get to tone myself is there a supplement that i can use whilst going to the gym that can help me tone while i am excersing.

thank you for you time,

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi

Please do not look for a weight loss solution in exercise equipment! However, keep in mind that you might have added on lean muscle during the 3 weeks training, which obviously weighs more than fat, and therefore it looked like you did not loose any weight. You need to have your body stats taken in order to determine your body fat percentage and there from you will be able to determine if you are loosing fat and adding on muscle. These machines are usually available at gyms.

80% is about what you eat and the other 20% about your training. Thus if you want to loose weight you need to ingest less calories than what your body needs – as I don’t have any details about you, best I can do is point you in the direction of about 1200 calories per day for a good weight loss effort. Make sure you divide those calories into 40-50% Cabs, 25-40% protein and no more than 20% fats of which most should be good fats. By adding a daily training session will excel your results.

There is no supplement that can tone you! Supplementation is actually liquid food which should be taken immediately after training in order to refuel the muscle cells as regular food will take too long to digest to do so. However, you should still take into account the calories thereof and calculated it into your daily dietary plan. There are however supplements that acts as stimulants to enhance your training and also fat burners which have a marginal influence.

Please use this information to set a new set of rules and standards for yourself and I promise you, you will start seeing results.

Good luck and take care.
Vanessa

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement