Question
Posted by: Goni | 2009-09-02

Weigh loss

my weight is 77kg. i need to loose 14kgs in 3 - 4 mnths. On Monday, Tuesday and Today i only ate Vegetables and a small portion of chicken.

I told myself that i will be eating veges adn fruits the whole week, then i will add on Low fat milk/yoghurt and cereals next week.

Will i manage?

Dear Goni
To lose weight you need to do 2 things: a) Reduce your energy intake by eating less in total and also cutting down drastically on fat intake, b) Increase your energy output by doing up to 60 min of cardio exercise every day. The diet you describe will certainly make your lose weight in the vegetable and fruit phase, and also when you add low-fat milk/yoghurt and moderate portions of high-fibre cereals. Just be careful not to end up eating more as the weeks go by and you add more foods. Also do think of including daily exercise in your regimen if you need to lose 14 kg. If you reduce your energy intake to 6300 kJ (1500 kcal) per day and do exercise, you should be able to lose between 0,5 and 1 kg of weight a week, thus 16 kg in 4 months - an attainable goal.

2
Posted by: Patiner | 2009-09-04

My weight is 80 kg and my target weight is 65kg ,but now I took a break from exercising because I got knee problem from earobics so I' m still waiting for 3 weeks to heel.Can I wait until I recover or I can still continue with my weight loss goal?

Reply to Patiner
Posted by: Goni | 2009-09-03

I actually forgot to mention that i jog every morning from 06:30 to 07:00. i joined gym but i told myself to jog a week before i start, so next week i will be jogging in the morning for 30min and cardio exercises for an hour in the afternoon.

Reply to Goni