Question
Posted by: Gemma | 2011/02/04

Weigh Less vs Dietician

Dear Doc

I have joined Weigh Less a week ago and only lost 600g on the first week. I''ve lost with Weigh Less years ago and was very happy with the results. The Weigh Less plan changed in the last year or so and its hard for me to eat 6 times per day specially at work. According to the group leader I have to eat my full formula to lose more weight but besides the fact that its hard to eat 6 times per day the new menu is very expensive to follow with all the proteien portions required. What is the difference between Weigh Less and going to a Dietician? Would you recommend a dietician to work out a more specific individualised plan? Thank you for your time.

Dear Gemma
A loss of more than half a kg per week is actually a good result! Most balanced weightloss diets will make you lose about 0,5 kg per week. Perhaps the fact that you are losing less weight now compared to last time you joined Weighless, is because you are older or your metabolism may have changed. I am always in favour of consulting a dietitian, but also regard Weighless as a most sensible and successful method of weightloss. Now that you have joined, it may be an idea to give Weighless a chance. Ask the group leader for suggestions about what foods you can eat that are less expensive. If you do decide to change to a dietitian then (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area).
Also remember that you can improve your weightloss results by combining the diet with some daily exercise like going for a walk or skipping.

1

Dear Gemma