What do you all do on weekends? My husband walked out 12 days ago and I am miserable because the weekend is here and I don' t have the energy or inclination to do anything besides wallow in self pity. What do you all do to keep occupied?

Are there any support chat rooms which you know about which one can go into to take in realtime with people about this?

I am so lonely, I don' t know what to do with myself and although I suppose I could go to friends or a shopping mall, I really don' t feel like it.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Anonymous,

since you are asking about weekends and that you do have friends to meet with and are not isolated to go places, but don't want to, I would take this time to reconnect with oneself.
You are going through a tough time and it's ok to feel the way you do, however, if you choose to stay in that state, you have only yourself to blame to feel miserable! Use your time alone to mourn your loss but also use this time to explore all the potential that your new situation is offering. Do things at home that you enjoy for yourself. It can be as little as changing some things around, repaint your bedroom, put candles in your bathroom and enjoy a bath with a glass of wine, go to bed early...things that you wouldn't or "couldn't" do with your husband.
This is NOT a breakup point in your life, but a change of directions. Take it easy. Your rythm is yours to own. One step at a time.

Love and Light

Nadia | The South African Divorce Support Association

Hi, first of all Im sorry to hear of your mis fortune. I dont know if there are any kids involved, but I know that when I went trough a very similar situation, my daughter was the one thing that kept me going, we went to the movies, shopping etc, and it was wonderful to focus on something different rather than having to cope with the heart ache. It would be a good idea though to go for counsiling a couple a times, just to get your priorities in order and to deal with the pain of a seperation. Nobody knows the reason for him walking out on you, but God has made every woman unique and strong in her own way, and in times like this, is when you need to ask God for His guidance, you will survive what ever comes your way when you believe and put your life completely in His hands. Good luck and hope all works out for you!!!!