Question
Posted by: Kelly | 2011-02-02

''weekend'' diet

Hi Doc,

I eat well during the week (yoghurt, fruit, water, etc) but weekends I tend to go overboard with chocolate and chips. I love Mageu and the box says it''s naturally fat free and low GI. It''s nice and sweet so it should satisfy my sweet cravings. My husband is drinking it during the day along with his normal food to gain weight (he gains about 2kgs every week or so while drinking this- he''s terribley underweight). My question is, if I drink this ONLY over the weekend, is it likely that I''ll keep my weight down (as I am gaining unwanted weight)?

Dear Kelly
According to the latest edition of the SA Food Tables, mageu contains 159 kJ per 100 ml. So if you drink a 300 ml glass, you will be ingesting 537 kJ which represents 8,5% of your daily energy requirement of 6300 kJ/day (energy requirement for an adult woman who wants to lose weight). This is not excessive, but as soon as you start having more than 1 glass of mageu, the kJ will start piling up and increase your energy intake to a level that exceeds 6300 kJ. If you are at the same time eating high-fat foods like chocolate and chips for 2 days out of 7, then your weekend binges may well counteract all the good work you do during the week! I would recommend that you cut out the chocolates and chips and have half a glass of mageu on Saturdays and half a glass on Sundays as your 'treat'. This should help you to lose weight.

4
Posted by: the real anus | 2015-10-14

Dear idiot. According to the latest edition of the SA Food Tables, mageu contains 159 kJ per 100 ml. So if you drink a 300 ml glass, you will be ingesting 537 kJ which represents 8,5% of your daily energy requirement of 6300 kJ/day (energy requirement for an adult woman who wants to lose weight). This is not excessive, but as soon as you start having more than 1 glass of mageu, the kJ will start piling up and increase your energy intake to a level that exceeds 6300 kJ. If you are at the same time eating high-fat foods like chocolate and chips for 2 days out of 7, then your weekend binges may well counteract all the good work you do during the week! I would recommend that you cut out the chocolates and chips and have half a glass of mageu on Saturdays and half a glass on Sundays as your 'treat'. This should help you to lose weight.  Best regards  Anus king

Reply to the real anus
Posted by: THulisiwe | 2014-10-24

Hi Doc I jst wanna ask dt,Cn Mageu mk m gain weight?By drnkng 1L evryday

Reply to THulisiwe
Posted by: DietDoc | 2011-02-03

Dear Kelly

Reply to DietDoc | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: anus licker | 2015-10-14

Hey bro why did you copy my say things and pasted it as your own mouthwords? Not cool man who are you trying to impress