Question
Posted by: MRS B | 2008/09/11

WEE PROBLEMS

GOOD DAY
I HAVE A 5YR OLD DAUGHTER WHO WETS HER BED , I HAVE BEEN REVRED TO A PED OR PSYCOLOGIST, BUT I DONT HAVE A MEDICAL AID OR MUCH MONEY AT THE PRESENT MOMENT, WHAT CHANCES DO I HAVE TO GET HELP

Has the child NEVER ever been dry ? Or has she been dry and is now wetting the bed again ? If she has been dry for a period, then her plumbing probably is capable of working well, and its some probably temporary emotional problem disturbing her balance right now. If you can't afford to see a ped or psych privately ( and it may only take a couple of sessions ) try a state hospital or medical school clinic. Simple behavioural methods the psych could devise with you, and/or a small dose for a time of an old antidepressant lime Imipramine / Tofranil which reduces bladder sensitivity may do the trick.