Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2012-02-08

Wedding weight loss

I have recently got married and in the months up to my wedding ate literally whatever I wanted and lost a ton of weight! A lot of people say that the weight lost before a wedding is due to the stress involved in preparations etc. but I was married in Mauritius and had absolutley no stress at all beforehand. Now a few months on, I am eating just like I did before the wedding and am strating to gain back the pounds. Why is this please??

Dear Mandy
Congratulations on your wedding. There are many factors that can contribute to weightloss before marriage and weight gain afterwards. Before the wedding most brides do get stressed and not just about the arrangements. Such stress can be subconscious so you may not have been aware of it. You may also have been busy prior to the wedding and not had time to eat all your meals. Now that the excitement of the preparations and the wedding are over, you may be suffering from a bit of a let-down and even some depression, which can cause weight gain. Then the use of contraceptives which involve female hormones can cause weight gain dependng on how the individual woman reacts. You may also suddenly be doing less physical activity? Or you may be eating larger portions of food if you have to cook for your hubby. Then there is what has been called 'the complacency spread'. This is supposed to be due to women 'letting themselves go' when they get married and have 'caught' their man. I prefer to think that newly married people are just more relaxed and contented and less inclined to live on their nerves.

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2012-02-08

Dear Mandy