Posted by: Irene | 2009-06-12

Wearing size 5 but have to buy size 6

Please help..I have short broad feet which result in a size 5 normally not fiiting infront on the side but a size 6 being too big...if I buy size 5 it hurt my feet but size 6 is too big in the back.Can you reci\ommend a type of innersole that I can use that wud prevent my feet from slippin and leaving the gap in the back....I dont knw what to do..i wear mostly high heels..thank you.

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Irene

You have quite a common problem, there are almost no width sizes available in South Africa. The problem with wearing a high heel shoe that is too big is that your foot will slip forward in the shoe, making a gap in the back and cramming your toes together in the front. This a problem I come across regularly in my practice and have as of yet not found a solution. Insoles will work in a flat shoe but not in a high heel. Sorry but my advice is to avoid high heels. There is a real risk of developing long term problems if you persisit with the wrong shoe.