Question
Posted by: Tally | 2008/09/27

Weaning off one drug to another

Hi Dr. Bets

I am diagnosed with panic attacks (underlying cause was un-treated Post Traumatic Stress and subsequent depression).
I have been on 40mg Talomil and 3 x Urbanol per day which were not working (keeping it under control).
A second opinion and third opinion put me onto Cymbalta 30mg per day which they say works far better and is the only drug required. Till the Cymbalta kicks in they gave me 20 x 50mg Stresan.

I am just not clear on the weaning off the Talomil and onto the Cymbalta. The chemist confused me by saying I can change over immediately.

Today I took 20mg Talomil but I need the 3 Urbanol and the doc said this is to be expected. What must I do now and for how long in terms of the Talomil and the Urbanol, bearing in mind that I need to get onto the Cymbalta as soon as possible.

I am Asthmatic take Symbicord 4,5 (4 puffs per day and Budeflam Aquenase).

Tally

Dear Tally

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you re-visit your GP, in order for him/her to explain to you how he/she wants you to take the medication.