Question
Posted by: stacey | 2010/07/13

weaning off cymbalta

I am weaning off Cymbalta. Now down to 30mg per day from 60mg. Took me 14 days of 60/30. Hugely irritable. I am not depressed. I am irritable. I am on HRT. What meds do they give for irritability and when can it be started whilst I am on Cymbalta. Now 30mg for 14 days. Then 30mg / skip a day for a week, then 30mg / skip 2 days for a week and then 30mg / skip 3 days. I know Cymbalta is nasty to come off, but is it normal to be so irritable? I was irritable on 60mg anyway. I think I was born irritable. Some people blame it on the fact that I am a Libran with the scales up and down. Its true. I know many a moody Libran.

When there are hormonal problems and/or treatments going on at the same time, assigning responsibility for the irritability can be less clear than usual, but it is most likely to be related to the Cumbalta withdrawal. Treating irritability depends very much on the cause identified in a careful psych assessment.
Your message suggests that you may always have been an irritable person ( some of us are ) and may be prone to experiencing and showing your discomfort in this way when some other folks might respond in different ways

1