Question
Posted by: Jill | 2010/06/28

Weaning off Cipralex..arghh!

I slowly weaned myself of Cipralex, but I don''t think slowly enough, I have been having horrible side effects. I have been feeling nauseus and having ''brain shocks'' which I thought would have stopped by now. I have been feeling very foggy and have too much saliva!! It feels like I am always swollowing. Can anyone relate or Doc, any thoughts on how long this will last.

I was on 10mg a day for a period of 8 months after having some post-natal depression

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time during the weaning ; fortunately it isn't usually this troublesome, with most people on most ADs. Hasn't the doc who chose to prescribe this particular drug for you, and therefore must know it well, commented on these withdrawal effects and how long they are likely to last?

I have never prescribed Cipralex, so I haven't seen how long this phase can last, directly - it shouldn't be long.

1