Question
Posted by: D. | 2008/07/09

weaning off antidepressants

I have been on Remeron for 2 years and my dr and I have decided that it is time to wean myself off them. I am battling so much although I am doing it really slowly. I am so agressive all the time, have no desire for anything. Things that I was passionate about, I dont care about anymore. Everything is just a mission. I will stick on the dosage I am currently on until I come right, but this is a nightmare. What should I do?

Surely your doctor, having chosen to place you on Remeron for 2 years, has given you detailed advice on exactly how to come off it gradually ? As only he knows enough details to vary the plan he must hav e given you, you really need to discuss this with him, and maybe revise the plan and the timetable of withdrawal from the drug