Question
Posted by: Yvette | 2010/09/24

Weaning from sleeping tablets

I suffer from acute insomnia and have been taking Dormonoct for 9 months, after having tried EVERYTHING else. How do I wean myself from it, should I take something like Purata (which is also effective to a degree) on alternate nights?

Expert ImageSleep Expert

The best treatment for insomnia is NOT medication, but behavioural therapy. If you just stop your treatment you are likely to have 2 or 3 weeks of very severe insomnia. You need to be referred to someone who can treat you with what is called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010/09/27

Reply to Sleep expert