Question
Posted by: Smilla | 2009-07-22

Weaning cats of tin food.

I have 3 cats, 1 adult and 2 juvenile females. I want to wean them from canned food so that they only eat pellets. Any advice? So far they' ve been getting on tablespoonful each evening and eating pellets through the day. I' ve now reduced it to 1 teaspoonful each every evening. Should I keep on doing that and then also start leaving days open where they get none?

Dear Smilla

Just be tough girl, they will eat pellets if they are hungry enough.

2
Posted by: Smilla | 2009-07-23

Yes, they eat copious amounts of the pellets. Thanks, think I will do that. This weaning thing is getting old fast!

Reply to Smilla
Posted by: Chill | 2009-07-22

I presume they' re eating the pellets during the day?

If so, why are you worried? Just stop with the canned stuff - or give it to them as a small treat, if it makes you feel happier...

Reply to Chill