Question
Posted by: KK | 2011-05-23

Weakness in my body and constant headaches

I am 35 years of age, 2week ago I had flu. My doctor gave me antibiotics, painkillers and some multivitamins, which I now finished. Sometime last week I felt better and I did some exercise in the house and now my body is even weaker it feels as if the flu is coming back .I feel feverish, weak even in my hands and constant headache.
What am I doing wrong?

Hi KK

Well, difficult to say - relapse perhaps, maybe you hadn't quite gotten over that cold before starting again and you have the flu again? I think ti really just calls for rest, allow the body to recover completely, and even see a doctor for another course in medication, because it sounds as though you may be quite ill.

It's always tough to know when you can return to training after being sick, and maybe you just went in a little quickly. Then again, it might be a new infection completely. Either way, I think just rest it out, treat it if you can and hopefully take a little longer and recover fully for the next one!

Ross