Posted by: Worried | 2009-06-17

I am puzzled and not sure what to do any more. The last few weeks have been really worring for me.

When I wake up in the morning before I do anything, I make sure that I eat a health breakfast.. Usually a boiled egg, brown bread with tomato and low fat spread, pure juice and some either boiled chicken or fat free protein.

I usually have 6 healthy meals during the day, I exercise 6 times a week, moderately and I drink alcohol maybe 2 or 3 times a months and it' s usually, 2 or 3 glasses of white wine at the most. I eat a lot of fruits, veggies and drink a lot of water.

The problem is that I have been feeling very weak, nauseated, I get headaches and sometimes it gets to a point were I feel as though I can' t breath. On some other days, I tremble usually at night and get night sweats and can' t sleep properly. The last few days my toes on my right leg have been swollen even though they are not painful.

When I get a headache it is usually in the front part of my head and I feel this antigonising pain behind my ears.

When I feel nauseated and want to vomit, I will usually, have to eat something very sweet, either a chocolate or drink tea with a lot of sugar, then I feel much better and I feel I can carry on again.

I have done HIV tests and follow-ups after 3 months, they came back negative, I checked my sugar level and the physician told me it was fine, and I did a pregnancy test and it came back negative and I am currently on my Periods, so I know I am not preggies. I am 29 years old, female, and I know that it is not stress , because I am happy in my relationship, I just got a good salary increase and I really am sure it is not my personal life.

Please advise me what this could be.. because all the doctors say all the tests are good and that I am very healthy!

Dear Worried
It sounds as if you live a healthy lifestyle. The headache could be caused by a muscle spasm in the neck and upper back and this could make you nauseous if the pain is really bad. Other causes of nausea could be gastritis ( inflammation of the stomach lining), low bloodsugar, middle ear problems - but will then be associated with dizziness and migraine. Night sweats could be a sign of low bloodsugar or underlying infections like TB ( did you lose weight?).