Question
Posted by: Kerrylee | 2010-06-09

Weak / Painful Hands

Hi Doc, I am a healthy 29 year old female. Lately i have been experiencing weekness in my hands - opening purity bottles and colddrink bottles. Its more often now and its most things i just cannot open. Even peeling and cutting a potatoe up is a lot of effect and strain on my hands and is very uncomfortable. Otherwise my hands seem fine, and i have no constent pain at all.

At night - maybe once or twice a week i wake up with pins and needles in my hands and they take quite a while to go away.

I am not sure if the loss of strength and the pins and needles has in relation.

But i am now becomming quite concerned. What could it be?

Kerry

Hallo Kerry
You may have carpal tunnel syndrome - where the nerve to the hand is pinched in a small tunnel where it runs through the wrist. Please let your doctor have a look as you may need to see an ortopedic surgeon for a small operation to release the nerve.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-09

Hallo Kerry