Posted by: Mack | 2011-11-23

Weak erection

I am a 40 year old male for the past year i have had erection problems i just cannot get it all the way up it gets hard but not like it used too with the result i am not having any sex anymore i rather just masturbate this is very embarrising to me and to make it worse when i masturbate i ejaculate almost immediatley
sometimes when i get aroused thou i only get half an erection i get so aroused i can ejaculate in my pants without even touching myself

Please give me advice

Expert ImageAgeing and Sexuality expert

I want you to get a full medical check up including blood tests for thyroid. A health care provider who specialises in sexual medicine will do this as well as other tests. As you need a holistic assessment. I suggest you visit a sex therapist too who will check in with you about your relationships, past and present so one gets a good idea of what is causing these present sexual dysfunctions.

There is a close relationship between erection and ejaculation problems- one leading to another often times. And now you are anxious which will get you to keep having sexual difficulties.
Please visit your doctor as suggested asap