Posted by: MJ& MM | 2010-10-28

Hi,My girlfriend is 36yrs and I am 33yrs.I have 2 kids from my previous relationship,8yrs &  2yrs.She has a 12yr old.we have been seeing each other for 2yrs and we have a healthy relationship.She asked me to have my baby and we have tried for the past year and nothing is happening.What could be the problem as she is not on any contraceptive.We haven''''t see the doctor yet.No complication on our sex life style,all tested excellent.Whats your advise on this problems.

Dear MJ & MM

Your wife once conceived 12 years old and therefore I would start investigations with her first. In particular evaluation of tubal patency is extremely important and this can be undertaken either through X-ray called an HSG (histosalpingogram) or alternately a diagnostic procedure called a laparoscopy. The laparoscopy will have the added advantage of excluding possible growths or endometriosis and will certainly be enhance the possibilities of conception significantly.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim