Question
Posted by: Kate | 2011-01-18

We Speaking

Hi Cs!

He picked me up from work yesterday and we spoke about it.
How does this work?
It was meant to be a nice night and I enjoyed myself but he on the other hand says it was terrible. Well of course it was for him because he was in a bad mood but apparently it was me that put him in that mood. '' I was totally rude'' ''belittled him'' ''jumped down his throat'' and then he decided to just stay out of my way. I dont recall any of this...
Certain things I can remember saying yes, I do admit it was totally not me yes and maybe I was abit rude if I think about it.

I feel so crappy now because I am a very nice person.
He says he saw a different side to me that he hasnt in the 3 yrs together. It''s not like I''m looking for something to blame but I have started taking USN Phedra-cut last week. Just 2 in the morning before going to gym as I need to lose 5kgs. Could this at all explain my mood on sat.? I am the most patient person I know and he says the same but on sat. he compared me to a wicked witch.

He can, fairly, say that he considers he got into a bad mood because of some aspects of how you behaved - those are facts about HIM, which he knows something about. When he says you PUT him into that bad mood, he is making assumptions about what you intended to do, and those are theories, not facts. He can say "I felt belittled when you did X ; but not that you belittled him, which implies he is certain of why you behaved as you did.
You say you admit you did say some things, untypical of you, which may have been unpleasant.
Phaedra-Cut is one of those remedies sold without prescription, which I wish were not on sale. Their effects, side-effects, benefits and risks are not properly studied or known for sure.
He seems to be talking about an unpleasant way you behaved on one occasion, which may well be true, and you seem to be defending yourself by saying you're not usually like that, which he seems to agree with. Why does this have to be a problem ?

1