Question
Posted by: nene | 2008-11-19

we never have sex!

Good day doc!
Please help, I am at wit'  s end. I am 31 years old, my husband is 34. We'  ve been married for 3 years. Before we got married, we had a great sex life. Since we got married, it slowly deteriorated. At the moment we have sex once a year, and then I feel my husband does it just to stop me from nagging.
We have spoken about this so many times, my husband just doesn'  t enjoy sex. He'  s been to a doctor, and there'  s physically nothing wrong with him. I don'  t want to initiate sex, because i feel it'  s a chore for my husband.
IS there any hope for us? I am so unhappy!

The frequency of sex always declines after marriage, as the couple get used to each other and sex becomes less important in the relationship. It is however unusual for a couple of your age to be experiencing such problems. It is also very unusual for a man not to enjoy sex. I presume that there is something troubling him, which doesn't necessarily want to discuss with you. I suggest he see a sexual health therapist to resolve these issues, and received a complete sexual health examination - which is different to a normal medical examination conducted by your GP

2
Posted by: nene | 2008-11-21

HI Lisa! It' s really terrible! And people don' t understand when I complain, ' cause usually it' s the woman who doesn' t want sex and the man who does! So we have a unique problem. I guess I will have to go for professional help - it' s time to face the problem, we can' t go on like this...

Reply to nene
Posted by: Lisa | 2008-11-19

I would go crazy if I only had sex once a year!! How do you cope? Would it be possible to consult a sex therapist? together, or if he won' t go, on your own?

Reply to Lisa