Question
Posted by: plums | 2010/02/10

way of eating- blood type diet

I eat a healthy brkfast according to my blood type . e.g Oats, skim milk and 1 fruit (plum,pineapple,banana or papaya. same applies with lunch, i like meat i cant do without it but i can discipline myself and have a small portion for lunch and supper. I drink a lot of water e.g 2 litres a day. I weigh 75.4 and my goal weight is 65kgs. I run on a treadmill and do some cardio three times a week, i am also considering combining the exercises with jogging

Will this help me to loose 10 kgs in a yea?

Please help

Dear Plums
Firstly I must point out that I do not agree with, or believe in the 'Blood diets'. I am not convinced that the blood group diets are based on sound scientific theory. That every person on earth with blood group A (?) needs to cut out meat, is not logical. You will lose weight if you reduce your total energy intake per day no matter what foods you decide to eat and if you increase your energy output as you are already doing with the exercise. Make sure that you do have a serving of lean meat (e.g. poultry without the skin, venison, ostrich, etc) at least every second day to prevent iron, zinc and vit B12 deficiencies. Eat fish to supply you with omega-3 and also have 3 servings of fat-free milk, yoghurt or cottage cheese a day to ensure that you don't develop a calcium deficiency. If you stick to a balanced, energy-reduced diet (6300 kJ per day) and do that exercise for at least 30 min a day, you will indeed lose weight at the rate of about 0,5 to 1 kg per week. Your goal to lose 10 kg in a year should therefore be perfectly possible.

1

Dear Plums