Question
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/31

Wax

i know this isn' t the correct forum , apologies in advance....any one know of a friendly/pleasant spa or salon for a back wax?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

8
Posted by: Riley | 2008/08/01

I personally would only go to a ' well known'  one. ie: a name that you have seen often or in a big well known shopping mall. I personally don' t know about the man-friendliness of them. Ask them! The one I go to is extremely gent friendly and offers a huge variety of treatments for the gents.

Oh, and an extremely important question to ask, is if they recycle their wax. Answer should be no. They aren' t supposed to, but I was shocked when I found out some still do.

Reply to Riley
Posted by: anon | 2008/08/01

well at least chatting about waxing has been more on the lighter side than the past couple of weeks......so any salon will do then? are some not more man friendly than others?

i have heard it is painful, i' ll take something with to clench my teeth on.... lol

Reply to anon
Posted by: Riley | 2008/08/01

Anon, sorry, I got so sidetracked.

The best thing is to go to one of the well known salons and then do a quick google on them. I have been to most of them and they all pretty much the same. I found one salon (and a therapist- which I think is more important than the salon itself) that I liked and I will always follow her around.

Reply to Riley
Posted by: Riley | 2008/08/01

Hahah Gareth. Interesting comment, but I have to admit, I am a girl and prefer waxing to shaving.

And no, YOU are lying! :) A tattoo is WAY more painful than waxing. But no doubt, it stings for a bit and then it' s over, and smooth! The more you wax a certain area, the more your body ajusts to the to principle of waxing and the hair becomes less over time.

What helps is if you ask the therapist to place her hand over the area that has just been waxed immediately after he/she rips. Don' t try that with a bikini/buttox wax though - you will get thrown out and banned from the salon. :)

Reply to Riley
Posted by: Gareth | 2008/08/01

Ouch, I hope you have a high pain threshold, because there is no denying it it is painful. Like getting a tattoo. If someone says it is not sore they are lying. It is DAMN sore, but the end result is worth the few moments of pain...

Reply to Gareth
Posted by: anon | 2008/07/31

i' m in JNB.... for anything else i google, for this i need a personal recomendation... 1st time.....

Reply to anon
Posted by: Rade | 2008/07/31

Google is your friend.

Reply to Rade
Posted by: Neil | 2008/07/31

What city are you in?

Reply to Neil