Question
Posted by: Annie | 2004-06-07

Q.

Watson Jones Procedure

I was referred to an orthopaedic surgeon who recommended that I have a Watson Jones Procedure performed on my left ankle to repair the ligaments. Acquaintances who had the procedure done themselves, now wish they never did, as it leaves unsightly scarring and they have more problems with their ankles after the surgery than before. What advice can you give me?

Expert's Reply

A.

Annie, I can’t really give you advice without being able to examine you first. The best would be to get a second opinion from a different orthopaedic surgeon. If he recommends the same procedure, you have your answer. Good luck.

Want to comment?