Question
Posted by: WMM | 2010/11/01

Watery semen

I am in my late 50''s. A few months ago I had a kidney infection which was treated. All seems OK now except that my semen is now very watery. (I had a vasectomy 15 yrs ago). What could be causing this?

Hallo WMM
Semen is usually thick and white and becomes watery due to liquefaction. This could be caused by infection (prostatitis) or due to retrograde ejaculation - where the semen goes backwards into the bladder with ejaculation. This is not dangerous or harmful and only something to worry about if you still want to make babies! However, you should maybe let your doctor have a look at your prostate to see if there are any signs of infection there.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/01

Hallo WMM
dr Bets