Question
Posted by: Marie | 2011-11-15

WATER TABLETS

Hi Doc,

Do water tablets really cause (temporary) weight loss? One of my co-workers plans to take a water tablet to cheat her diet weigh-in (which I think is unfair, but anyway)... but wondering if she really will get different results because of it or if I shouldn''t worry about her cheat...
How many grams or kilos can it really affect?

M

Marie

Diuretics will reduce your weight by shedding excess water. The effect can be small and is definately temporary. Taking water tablets to achieve weight loss is dangerous and there is definately room for abuse and serious side effects.

Do not use diuretics for weight loss.