Question
Posted by: HappyGoLucky | 2008/09/19

water retention and hyperhydrosis

Hi Doc. Hope you are well. I would like to know whether water retention is linked to excessive sweating - I am experiencing excessive sweating under my arms regardless of temperature, weather, etc. Iv checked up on the advise you had given to other people and am going to try the driclor, but I have noticed that I do look a bit swollen, especially my fingers, ankles, etc. Could water retention be linked to the seating?The sweating has been like this for some time and the " puffines"  only in the last 3 months.
Thanks!!

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The excessive sweating and the puffiness are not related. I do however, suggest that you consult a cardiologist to have your heart checked out and see if there is any possibility of heart failure occuring. Unfortunately, you have not provided me with your age or medical history and therefore, I am unable to provide you with proper advice.