Posted by: needadvice | 2009-04-20

water retention after stopping nordette

I am 49 and still menstruating but starting hot flushes, I have decided to stop Nordette after some years. Used it for heavy periods. After 3 weeks not taking it, I am experiencing a lot of water retention. What can you recommend as a natuarl drug? I am also on pharmapress and concor for mild hypertension.

Dear Needadvice
You may need a low dosage diuretic tablet, but your doctor needs to check you for heart or kidney problems first to exclude possible medical reasons for water retention. Rather use a prescription diuretic than natural drugs - it is easier to control the action. Concor can sometimes cause water retention.