Question
Posted by: peta | 2011-01-06

water retention

I flew from uk a week ago and still have very swollen ankles and feel like water retention through out my body. Swollen hands puffy face and eyes. I am very uncomfortable. My legs ache. This didn''t happen after the flights there. 2 flights both ways. I was there for 3 weeks. I also ggot a cold when I was there and am still caughing a lot and have a to blow my nose a lot. Very sticky mucus browny yellow colour. Not temperature or sore chest or throat. I have also been experiencing sharp chest pains which are very painful mostly behind left breast but sometimes below right one. I am a 32 year old female and a smoker. What should I do to sort all this out. Thank you.

Hallo Peta
You can ask your GP to give you a few water tablets and take 1/2 Moduretic per day for a day or three. One should actually rather use flight socks for these long flights to prevent swollen legs (they are expensive but really make a big difference) Try using something to loosen the phlegm like Bronkese syrup and steam yourself (put hot water and Vicks in a bowl and a towel over your head and breathe in the steam - just be careful not to burn yourself). Saline nosedrops (ask at pharmacy or make yourself - 1 cup water plus 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda) may help to soften the phlegm in the sinuses.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-01-06

Hallo Peta