Question
Posted by: Debbie | 2009/12/01

Water retension

I have severe water retension around my ankles, lower legs and face. I have started coughing and my chest sounded wet...untill I have started with adco-rectic tablets last November. My lungs are clear now, sometimes I have to drink 2 ' water tablets'  a day before the retension and swelling reduces. I am not under medical supervision and taking the tablets without a subscription. I am only 41 and there is heart disease in my family. I am normal weight, active, eat healthy, not smoking and my blood pressure is 100/65. Is my water retension a sign of heart failure?

Dear Debbie
It could be especially if you had a wet cough, swelling of the feet and/or can't lie flat at night when you sleep without becoming short of breath. You also need to check your kidney function and serum protein levels ( liver functions)

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/01

Dear Debbie

Reply to cyberdoc