Question
Posted by: Cathy | 2008/10/16

Water per day

I follow the weigh less eating plan which insists on drinking 2L water per day.I do that plus do daily exercise but seems to lose only a few grams each week.Can it be that I drink too much water,and if not can I retain water,and if so what can I take to get rid of the retention

Dear Cathy
If you are drinking more than 2,5 litres of liquid (all the drinks you have including the water) per day then it is possible that you are retaining water due to electrolyte losses. Stick to the 2,5 L in total per day. You don't mention how much weight you need to lose, but if you are not very overweight then this can account for slow losses. Otherwise discuss this problem with your Weigh-Less counsellors because they may have to adjust your diet accordingly.
Keep up the good work with the exercise, but remember to concentrate on doing cardio exercises like brisk walking or skipping.

3
Posted by: Weigh less | 2008/10/19

The faster you lose weight the faster and easier it is to put it all back on as your body is shocked into these changes.

According to health experts one should not lose more than 0.5-1kg per week.

Also realise that most of the weight you lose so " dramatically"  to start with is just water retention which eases as you eat correctly and exercise more. After that you have to build muscle in order to burn fat- and muscle weighs more than fat. This is why people often talk about reaching a plateau in weightloss... when the kg loss slows down as your body now replaces fat loss with muscle gain.

Rather lose slow than fast. In the long-term you will keep the weight off if you stick to the lifestlye changes. Its worth the wait !  )

Reply to Weigh less
Posted by: Pam | 2008/10/17

Hi, i have also joined weigh-less 6 weeks ago and have lost 7,8kg. I still have another 15kg to go. Is the weight loss ok i feel it is to slow but i am very determined to lose the weight. I do walk up our Tower at works steps at least 3 times per week but feel after about 150 stairs i just cant anymore. What is better just walking or doing the steps?
I am 50yrs young!!!

Reply to Pam
Posted by: wate | 2008/10/16

Diet dok say too much water not good for you! Water is surpose to male you " full" . It makes me hungry.

Reply to wate