Question
Posted by: RIA SWANEPOEL | 2010/10/07

WATER INTAKE?

HI,

I''M 51, 1.73 MT TALL AND WEIGHS 89 KG. I''M ON THE ''HERBALIFE'' SHAKES &  FIBRE TABLETS. WHAT IS THE NORMAL INTAKE OF WATER PER DAY FOR ME? IT''S SO HOT HERE, THAT SOMEDAYS I DO BETWEEN 4 - 5 LITRES. MY DAUGHTER SAYS ITS FAR TOO MUCH. THATS WHAT THEY LEARNED IN SCHOOL.

HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.

THANKS.

RIA

Dear Ria
Your daughter is correct. Be careful not to overdo your liquid intake as this can wash important electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, magnesium and even calcium out of your body and cause so-called 'electrolyte imbalances', which may manifest as water retention. Adults require 2,5 litres of liquid a day (this includes coffee, tea, water, milk, and any other liquid you may ingest). So although it is good to ensure adequate liquid intake esp if it very hot and you sweat a lot, please don't overdo your water intake as too much of a good thing can be harmful.

2
Posted by: del | 2010/10/07

hi there Ria

4-5 lt of water a day is way to much.
2-2.5 lts a day is ok.

drinking too much water can be harmful to your body

Reply to del

Dear Ria