Question
Posted by: Lee | 2011/03/30

Water in the lungs medication

Good Day Doc

My 85 year old Father had water in his lungs and started taking medication to clear it in June 2010 to date.He was advised to take little liquid,my question is for how long is he going to take this medication? he seems to be okay now the problem is he has never went for check up since June and it is bit difficult since he went to a Gov hospital and we are in two different provinces..

Thanking you in advance

Hallo Lee
It depends on what the cause was - if it is caused by heart failure, he may need to take it for ever. It may be a good thing for him to go to the outpatient department of his local hospital for a check-up if possible.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/30

Hallo Lee