Question
Posted by: grace | 2010/02/04

water in the brain

please shed me some light on this one

im 14 weeks preggies cact stop worring after my gynae told me yesterday that the baby head is too big and thast there t are seems to be water in the brain he was not conclusive about this and said we have to wait for the sec san around 20 weeks i took blood samples to detect downs. what are my chances of having a normal baby im 39 years. and this ia my third pregnacy i have one normal baby girl.

It sounds like your doctor suspects a problem. I would suggest that you ask for a referral to a Fetal Medicine specialist. 14 weeks may be too early to give a definite diagnosis though.

3
Posted by: grace | 2010/02/08

thank you mom Shargal it is indeed through parents like you that
things in life are seen and understood i will say a special prayer for your son and through thr graceof .God you shall overcome this
im already relieved and trully believe that my little angel will come out victorious thank you again

Reply to grace

Posted by: Shargal | 2010/02/06

1stly CONGRATULATIONS on the little angel!
My story
My son was born with cephalhematoma,caused by a ventour,results of administered epidural,thus making unable to feel the urge to push.I am grateful his alive,though he has diz temporal condition which seems to correcting itself over weeks.When i 1st brought him home,the bump on his head was big nd felt like a ballon filled with water,actually it was trapped blood btween skull and cranium.He is now 6weeks and u can hardly see it.Its scarry but if u do a lot of research,liaise with your paeditrician you find it easy to deal with it.In this iinstance more knowledge will set u free.Epidural is a wonderful drug but has its pro' s and cons.

Pray for him also.
Gudluck and wish u all the best

Reply to Shargal