Posted by: ANON | 2009-09-08

i used to suffer from heart burn before i was pregnant and through my pregnancy i got extreme heartburn and indigestion, so much so that i had to vomit most of the day to get the excess food/liquid (fullness) out my stomach, cause it was so uncomfortable, which wasnt a problem either cause i just open my mouth and it would literlally fall out, i thought this feeling of to much water in my stomach would go away after pregnancy (i gave birth 2 weeks ago) but it hasnt, the heartburn has but this feeling of constant to much water in my stomach it making life unpleasant.i took loads of antiacids while preg and i fear now that something is not right with my stomach acid. or there is something else more serious wrong. if i dont eat or drink anything the feeling of to much water(fullness) is not present. i am also burping a lot which relieves the fullness for a min or so. please help what should i do

Dear Anon
Please ask your doctor to refer you for a gastroscopy to see if you have a hiatus hernia. Try to eat 4-6 small meals rather than 3 big ones, and avoid gas forming foods like gas cooldrinks, beans, cabbage etc. You can also try using Gaviscon when you have symptoms of heartburn