Question
Posted by: Zeus | 2009/05/01

Water bottles

Our household uses old waterbottles (Bon Aqua etc) to refrigerate tap water. I' ve read recently that old plastic bottles might give of toxins, especially when used more than once. What is your opinion?

Zeus

I do not think that plastic bottles are detramental to adults but can have a negative effect on the development of the fetus and infants/children. Bisphenol is used in the production of plastic. This chemical leaks from the plastic into fluids/foods, especially when heated, i.e. baby bottles and ready cooked meals heated in the microvawe.

Glass will be a prefarable option.

Kind regards