Question
Posted by: Eli | 2010-08-05

Water birth

Good day

I am 11 weeks pregnant with my second bay and gave birth naturally with the first one. I would like to go natural again with the second one but am scared as the first birth was a bit traumatic (baby was sunnyside up and the doctor had to use a vacuum pump).

I have been reading alot about the water birth process and would like to give it a try. My question is is the water that calming and does it minimise the pain? (my gynae says he does not beleive in water birth). I have lupus is it safe for someone with tis illness?

Sorry for the long post. Looking forward to your reply

Fanks :-)

Being in water during labour does ease the pain. If you want the actual birth to be in water, there would have to be a special bath at the hospital and your doctor would have to be willing to do it. Lupus should not be a contraindication.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-08