Question
Posted by: Aqua | 2010/01/16

Water aerobics

Hi FitnessDoc

I' m 30 years old and I' ve got arthritis in my neck. My physio recommended I do water aerobics instead of running/walking as it is a lower impact form of exercise.
I don' t belong to a gym and I' m struggling to find anyone who gives water aerobics from their home or studio.

I live in the northern suburbs in Cape Town and would really appreciate it if you could refer me to anyone in Cape Town who gives water aerobic classes.

Thanks!

Hi Aqua

Only the gyms do it, as far as I know. I wonder if this isn't the best option for you - you get a lot more than just the water aerobics that way, you could one day start swimming, maybe even move on to cycling or running as your condition improves. It may also end up being cheaper, because if you were to go twice a week to a private studio, I'd put money that it would be more expensive than joining a gym for a monthly fee and unlimited use.

So I would look at a gym, Virgin Active, or maybe Sports Science Institute in Newlands (though this might be a big trip).

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/01/25

Hi Aqua

Reply to fitnessdoc